John Weiler Pork Medallions & Mushroom Ravioli
Pork Medallions with Mushroom Ravioli
A recipe from Chef John Weiler at your Urbandale Hy-Vee
Ingredients Serves 6
2 pork tenderloins, approx. 1# ea.
Cleaned and trimmed
Salt and fresh ground Black Pepper to taste
2 T Olive oil
2 c rich Veal Stock
1 c Wild Mushrooms, chopped
2 sprigs fresh thyme
4 sage leaves
12 prepared mushroom filled Ravioli’s
(1oz filling with 1oz pasta dough)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season Pork tenderloins with salt and pepper, sear in a hot skillet with olive oil to lightly brown all sides then transfer to baking dish and place in oven and roast to internal temperature of 140 degrees or your desired doneness. (Approx. 45 min to 1 hr.)
- For the sauce: In a 2 qt. sauce pan simmer veal stock for 20 min, or reduced by half. Add the mushrooms, thyme, and sage and simmer for another 5 min. Cover and remove from heat and let steep for 10-15 min. Strain the sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste. Hold warm.
- In a stock pot of boiling salted water, cook ravioli till just al dente about 2 min. Drain pasta and place in a bowl with a little warm veal sauce and toss.
- Meanwhile the tenderloins should be finished roasting and rested for 10 min before slicing into medallions ¾ in thick.
- To plate: bring stock to simmer. Intersperse the pork medallions with Ravioli on warmed plates and surround with veal sauce. Serve with braised Brussels Sprout leaves and a Russian River Pinot Noir